Monday, November 1, 2010

Lights out, phones on: Many teens text all night long


GOOD MORNING ALL! hope everyone had a good and safe Halloween. I'm not going to lie i have a horrible case of the Mondays lol but hey reading and finding articles keeps me entertained for hrs. This is the latest article i found on " teens" texting all night long.. and i put teens in " " because to be honest I'm 21 years old and i sometimes do this.. i fall asleep with a laptop or a phone in front of me, either doing hmwk or just txting all night long. so i wouldn't say this is a teen problem.

Every night, Christy Ross, an 18-year-old freshman at the University of Delaware, goes to sleep cradling a cell phone.

“I get into bed and reach for my phone to text someone, listen to music, or play a game before I fall asleep rather than just shutting my eyes. Sometimes I even feel a slight pressure to stay awake and continue a conversation (especially if it is with a cute boy)," she says. "A text message going off in the middle of the night will wake me up and I will usually respond.”

Ross is not alone in her habits, reveals a study released Monday. Teens send an average of 34 texts a night (adding up to 3,400 a month) after going to bed — in some cases up to four hours after hitting the sack, found researchers from JFK Medical Center, in Edison, N.J.

The evidence has been mounting that teens mightily prefer texting to actual contact with family members, with studies from Nielsen and Kaiser contributing data that show teens consider the loss of a cell phone more dire than the loss of an internal organ.

But the new research is especially concerning, experts say, because it finds that half of the kids kept awake by electronic media suffered from a whole host of mood and cognitive problems, including attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, anxiety, depression, and learning difficulties.

Original Article.
BAYHO.COM

1 comment:

buy bimatoprost said...

Hey!!I like your article..very interesting and informative article.
lovegra