Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Expectant Mothers ..Exercise!


So, I think that it's very obvious what expecting mother's should do. That is to exercise! I know not like like lifting weights, but the calm aerobics or even yoga will help you and your baby's health. Physicians should recommend low to moderate levels of exercise to their pregnant patients, even if they have not exercised prior to pregnancy. According to this review article, exercise can strengthen and improve overall musculoskeletal and physiologic health as well as pregnancy related symptoms. Exercise such as aerobics, impact and nonimpact activities, resistance training and swimming: •eases back and other musculoskeletal pain;
•lowers maternal blood pressure;
•reduces swelling; and
•improves post-partum mood, including sadness.
How awesome is that? I now know in the future, to not be a lazy butt while I'm pregnant just because I feel fat. haha I think this is awesome and exercising helps mothers in a lot of ways.

Original Article
Category: Vitamin > Folic Acid
Featured Product from Bayho: Folic Acid 400 mcg 250 tab

No comments: