Monday, March 9, 2009

Older Adults Control Emotions More Easily Than Young Adults


I know I may be a girl, but I have a really bad temper! Haha I'm still young so I guess I can't control my emotions as easily as older adults. I think I've had a lot of anger from the past, that when any little thing ticks me off now, I just explode. this also happens with my crying. It may be because I'm a girl and I have enraging hormonal effects in me because of mother nature's monthly time. The research study found that regulating emotions – such as reducing negative emotions or inhibiting unwanted thoughts – is a resource-demanding process that disrupts the ability of young adults to simultaneously or subsequently perform tasks.

"This study is among the first to demonstrate that the costs of emotion regulation vary across age groups," said Fredda Blanchard-Fields, chair of Georgia Tech's School of Psychology and the study's lead author.

The study – which included 72 young adults who were 20 to 30 years old and 72 adults who were 60 to 75 years old – was funded by the National Institutes of Health. It was conducted by Blanchard-Fields and Susanne Scheibe, a former postdoctoral fellow at Georgia Tech currently at Stanford University.

Original Article
Category: Fish Oil
Featured Product from Bayho: OmegaPlex 120 gel (Extensive research has linked dietary omega-3 fatty acids found in cold-water fish with beneficial changes in platelet function and lipid metabolism that are consistent with heart and vascular health. )

No comments: