Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Urinary Tract Infections Don't Sound Too Bad

I decided to write a blog about this just because I was recently diagnosed with it. And let me tell everyone who reads this blog, UTI's are no joke. I remember reading that they were really common, especialy towards women of all ages. I never would have thought that I would get it and I did. I think I remember readings that one out of every five women have come across a Urinary Tract Infections. But how could we stop this?

There's a few ways of catching a UTI that everyone should avoid. Sexual Intercourse is one of the ways you can get it. When you have sexual intercourse it is vital that you urinate right after so you can flush all the germs out of your body. Another way of catching it is wearing tight clothes, and last but not least: you can get it by not drinking enough water. I'm sure there are other ways of catching the virus.

What is UTI? Urinary tract infection (UTI) is one of the most common infections of childhood. It distresses the child, concerns the parents, and may cause permanent kidney damage.

In some instances, UTI results in recognition of an important underlying structural or neurogenic abnormality of the urinary tract. The febrile infant or child with clinically significant bacteriuria and no other site of infection to explain the fever, even in the absence of systemic symptoms, has pyelonephritis (ie, upper UTI). Children with a UTI and voiding symptoms, little or no fever, and no systemic symptoms have lower UTI (cystitis).

The site of infection is often unclear when a child with pyuria and clinically significant bacteriuria has another potential source of fever (eg, otitis media, pharyngitis). When UTI is diagnosed in a child, an attempt should be made to identify any risk factors for the UTI (eg, anatomic anomaly, voiding dysfunction, constipation).

Original Article
Category: Vitamin & Supplement
featured Product from Bayho: A.I. Enzymes 120 vcap

No comments: